Shark tooth from the Zandmotor

Max-fossils

Hi all,

Yesterday, on a fun day at the Zandmotor, I found my very first shark toot:D:yay-smiley-1:

Shark teeth at the Zandmotor are kinda rare, so for me this is an exciting find. Maybe it's small, worn and has some feeding damage, but I'm still proud of it. 

Anyways, I would love to put a name on this one. So: it comes from the Zandmotor, Netherlands, and is from the Eocene. I'm thinking Striatolamia macrota for the moment, as I can see the small remains of a worn out cusp (4th photo). The 5th and 6th photo are extracts of a small fossil guide I have, called Zeeuwse strandfossielen , written by Harry Raad en the Zeeuws Genootschap. It's in Dutch, but if you want to translate the content you can use Google Translate. Most of the info seems to match; apart from the size.

What do you think? Am I correct, am I wrong, or is this tooth too worn to be IDd?

Thanks,

Max

IMG_0505.JPG

IMG_0506.JPG

IMG_0515.JPG

IMG_0516.JPG

IMG_0513.JPG

IMG_0514.JPG

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

54 minutes ago, JohnBrewer said:

Just playing on my iPhone....

IMG_5886.JPG.5d65132b11e32ac1e7f9242f6bb1abca.JPGIMG_5888.JPG.cc01940f35a2cbfda755ee681b7ad274.JPG

Looks good! Thanks for the clearer pics btw. 

What app did you use? Just the normal Photos, or another specific app from the App Store/Google Play store?

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Archived