So I have a few days off duty and I'm planning on making a long weekend out of it. I'm starting tomorrow in Aurora, NC at the museum's spoil piles. This will be a first, so any suggestions are appreciated. Saturday I will be going to the Charelston, SC area to try my luck again. I was looking for advice in this area. I have done a ton of research with little success. I don't expect someone to give exact locations to their honey holes but advise would be great! Also anyone interested in joining would be welcome. Finally, a few days of free diving the bone yard in Venice, FL.... That's home! 

Any advice, suggestions, or anyone interested in joining please chime in. I'll post pics as it happens. 

Thanks in advance, Justin

Good luck, hopefully the viz at Venice will be good. I went spearfishing two weeks ago off Venice and the water was fairly brown even out 10 miles. The viz varied from a hazy 10 about 4 miles out to 15-20 out a little farther. It's been fairly calm and We haven't had a lot of rain this week so that may help too:)

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

So we spent a few hours in Aurora, NC. I ended up helping kids find teeth most of the time but here's what we snagged at the end. Not a lot, but we had a great time. image.thumb.jpeg.c24a670e665219c3a34aa85d8e14d73d.jpeg

Nice finds, the Carolinas is on my short list:fistbump:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

So we tried a Summerville creek and were rained out about 45 mins later, but we found 2 really decent teeth. The Hemi has a Amber color to it.. My gf's find. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Archived