Miocene_Mason

I got this a while back, it's an oreodont haw section. I am seeking more information on it. My guess was Merycoidodon just based on pictures. Here's a bunch of pictures, I'm hoping to get as specific on taxon as possible, it says on the label it's from Chadron deposits, white river formation, 20 miles northeast of lush, Wyoming. 

IMG_2354.JPG

IMG_2355.JPG

IMG_2356.JPG

IMG_2357.JPG

IMG_2358.JPG

IMG_2359.JPG

IMG_2360.JPG

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

I would put it at Merycoidodon culbertsoni

@jpc may be a good one to ask though...I believe he may know a LITTLE about the Wyoming oreodonts. ;) 

• I found this Informative 1

On 7/27/2017 at 6:02 PM, FossilDudeCO said:

I would put it at Merycoidodon culbertsoni

@jpc may be a good one to ask though...I believe he may know a LITTLE about the Wyoming oreodonts. ;) 

11 hours ago, Nimravis said:

I agree- Merycoidodon.

I was thinking Culbertsoni, I'm very happy to know I'm learning! Thanks for all the help guys!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason