Tyrannosauridaes: A Brief Description

J-Bot

Tyrannosauridaes are a Family of Dinosaurs in the Suborder of Theropoda.  These giant carnivores first appeared in Asia back in the Jurassic period and then later migrated to Europe and North America, which drove out other Species of Carnivores.  One of the oldest known relatives to the Tyrannosaurids were the Proceratosauridaes, small Dromaeosauridae-like Dinosaurs, but don't get confused with Tyrannosaurs and Proceratosaurs, they're two different Families.  By the Cretaceous many different species appeared including but not limited to Daspletosaurus, Albertosaurus, Gorgosaurus, Tarbosaurus, Alioramus and most famously Tyrannousaurus.  Many characteristics of these Dinosaur included large, strong and thick teeth, forward facing eyes, wide skulls, short arms with two fingers and some light feathers on the neck, shoulder and back (still up to debate on were the feathers were on a Tyrannosauridae).  They have a unique predator-prey relationship with Ceratopsidaes with a species of Ceratopsidae in the same general area of a Tyrannosauridae Species all over the Northern Hemisphere.  These Dinosaurs are truly fascinating and though most of them are quite similar they are all unique at the same time.

Hey let me know how I did on my first topic thing. Feel free to give positive criticism!

Sounds like a nice dissertation to Me. Thanks for sharing it.

Have You seen the "My jurassic park" threads by troodon in the members collection sub section? Well worth searching out.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

It's funny to me how one of the most well known groups of large theropods, is also one of the most controversial. Good report!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Aside from a few grammatical and spelling errors, it's a good write up. :) 

Regards, 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I think theres enough indirect evidence to say, confidently, most (maybe all) tyrannosaurids had feathers to some extent. But thats just my opinion :) 

Also, good job! :dinothumb:

J-Bot up next in the Nat Geo articles? :headscratch:

Great description of this cool family, well done :fistbump:

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Archived