J-Bot

IMG_0624.thumb.JPG.bdc65db8c4f0cd7ae8151718e2fdcf4c.JPG

Saltasaurus Eggshell

IMG_0625.thumb.JPG.fbba2508da42c255f96da7e7f9813052.JPG

Velociraptor Eggshells

IMG_0626.thumb.JPG.466f25456ef324f5d370e2d77163383d.JPG

Unknown Teeth

IMG_0628.thumb.JPG.9d03d6e7951c70e3044e5f046d0002a8.JPG

Ammonite Shell (left) Spinosaur Tooth (right)

(Only two with a fancy things lol)

IMG_0627.thumb.JPG.ea381a390e14a8331880255b53225ae1.JPG

Fish Fossils

This is the second half of my Collection!

• I found this Informative 1

Those unknown teeth are mosasaurs either of different species or different parts of the mouth. There are a few on the forum that can help you determine the genus and position of the teeth. Nice collection btw!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

13 hours ago, Foozil said:

A few labels are incorrect, but cool collection so far! 

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but what do you mean by "A few labels are incorrect"?

7 hours ago, J-Bot said:

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but what do you mean by "A few labels are incorrect"?

Its fine. The "unknown teeth" look more like teeth from Morocco, to me.

But I meant the ones in your previous part 1 collection, but it looks like people have already pointed them out :) 

2 hours ago, Harry Pristis said:

Which fish of the five is/are from Kentucky? 

The two square ones, the others are from Wyoming

Just now, J-Bot said:

The two square ones, the others are from Wyoming

Im not so sure about that...

kentucky is not known for its lagerstätte fish fossils, and the few they have do not look like this, these look to be from the green river formation of Wyoming as well;)

still nice though!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

• 1 month later...

Nice collection you got there, but like last time, I'll point out some mislabels.

-The unknown teeth are mosasaur teeth (Prognathodon and Liodon to be exact), and they do not look like they are from Wyoming, more like Morocco where mosasaur teeth are littered in the thousands.

-I think the ammonite has a possibility of being a goniatite, but I guess people can't really tell the difference, nor care about it.

-None of your fish are from Kentucky (maybe you just bought it from there :P), they are clearly from the Green River Formation which is in mostly Wyoming but also parts of Utah and Colorado. The species of fish look like Knightia.

If you don't know the id of a fossil, feel free to simply ask in the fossil id section, and us with a few experts out there will do our best to accurately identify it.

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

oh shoot, i just realized I skipped an "i" there. Thanks for the heads up

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png