dylandreiling

Planning A Trip to Penn Dixie

dylandreiling

Hey friends! Work is taking my wife and I to Burlington, CA at the end of August. Penn Dixie has ALWAYS been on my bucket list. Therefore, we've decided that we will take a day trip down there! I'd love to organize a trip with other fossil enthusiasts! We are thinking around August 28th or so. Let us know if you'd like to form a little band of troops to head down there!

Darktooth

Penn Dixie is in New York not California.:headscratch:

Jeffrey P

He means Burlington, Canada.

Darktooth

Oh I see! Thanks Jeff!

dylandreiling

Haha! @Darktooth I see how that could be misinterpreted now. :D

DevonianDigger

Just let me know when you're coming down and I'll make sure you have a good time at the site! Once you have a date I can get some of the guys to come out to help make it a productive day!

dylandreiling
1 hour ago, DevonianDigger said:

Just let me know when you're coming down and I'll make sure you have a good time at the site! Once you have a date I can get some of the guys to come out to help make it a productive day!

Amazing! I'll talk it over with my wife and we'll get back to you! Penn Dixie has been on my bucket list for 10 years, I can't believe I finally get to go. My grandmother (who is still very spry) is a fossil addict herself and may be meeting us there as well. A whole family excursion! 

DevonianDigger

Sounds good! Looking forward to it!

Kane

And I'll see if I can come along if I haven't been banned from the site for leeching out too many bugs. :P Us canucks don't fool around when we're at PD. :D 

My missus is the wheels, since I don't drive, so it will be up to her. My big hope would be to meet up with everyone and then knock off a tiny bucket list item of collecting with @Darktooth at DSR. It would be a trip in itself to collect with ol' sad-faced Dave :D (referencing his pitiful plea post from a little over a month ago). ;) 

Darktooth

@Kane if you think you could make it out this way I would love to take you to DSR. Just let me know when!

DevonianDigger

So, this is going to sound ignorant, and maybe I just am not putting the pieces together--but can someone tell me what DSR is, lol. People keep mentioning it, and I don't know what it is!

And by the way, @Kane. You're not blacklisted yet, but you're on our "watchlist", lol!

Kane
24 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

@Kane if you think you could make it out this way I would love to take you to DSR. Just let me know when!

Do you think I'd miss an opportunity to hunt with our milestone b-days this year in not breaking rock together, bro? You'd be surely mistaken :D !

@DevonianDigger DSR = Deep Springs Road. Two hours east of PD. :) Known for its lovely gastros and - most importantly - its Dipleura dekayi!

7 minutes ago, DevonianDigger said:

So, this is going to sound ignorant, and maybe I just am not putting the pieces together--but can someone tell me what DSR is, lol. People keep mentioning it, and I don't know what it is!

And by the way, @Kane. You're not blacklisted yet, but you're on our "watchlist", lol!

I figured I was, lol. I'll smooth it over with a ten percent to you and Phil, lol. My next whitleyei is yours. That is if you don't "Jay" it on me first, ha!

dylandreiling

@Kane That'd be a blast! I have yet to meet anyone from The Fossil Forum. It'll be nice to have some members with experience of the area there. :P 

dylandreiling

We are open to come to Penn Dixie anytime around the 26th-29th. So if any other members want to figure out their schedules, and make a day out of it, thats our opening! 

Dylan

dylandreiling

Hey friends! @DevonianDigger @Kane my wife and I have decided that we will be coming to PD this August 28th. 

Kane
19 hours ago, dylandreiling said:

Hey friends! @DevonianDigger @Kane my wife and I have decided that we will be coming to PD this August 28th. 

I'll try to catch you next time! We're going to wait until things cool off a bit. :) 

dylandreiling
Just now, Kane said:

I'll try to catch you next time! We're going to wait until things cool off a bit. :) 

No worries! I'll try to leave a few for ya ;)