big Lot with Moroccan fossils

Seguidora-de-Isis

Good evening to all! Today I bought this lot of Moroccan fossils. All opinions are welcome, and I thank you!

Fossil No. 01 - DINOSAUR TOOTH FOSSIL

Is this fossil tooth Real? Can this tooth be classified as an Undetermined Abellisauridae, or only Theropoda Undetermined?

8248868701.png

7072943702.png

4343964903.png

5996525804.png

4616586005.png

=============================================

Fossil No. 02 - ZARAFASAURUS TOOTH FOSSIL

Is this fossil tooth Real? I know this is not from Kem Kem, but I do not know if it has already been described scientifically ... How should I label this in my collection?

8455966906.png

3180145307.png

8709922908.png

Fossil No. 03 - ONCHOPRISTIS TOOTH FOSSIL

I also do not know if it has already been described scientifically ... How should I label this in my collection?

1714148209.png

5271077610.png

Thank you all for always helping me! I always feel like family here! :D

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

Onchiopristis was described by stromer, type species numidus. I believe the other species dunklei is a New Zealand species, but I'm not sure about that.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Fossil No. 01 - DINOSAUR TOOTH FOSSIL

This one looks like a typical Abelisauridae indet. to me.

Fossil No. 02 - ZARAFASAURUS TOOTH FOSSIL

The correct genus name is Zarafasaura, but yes it's real. Zarafasaura oceanis tooth. It seems to have some repair but nothing suspicious by the looks of it.

Fossil No. 03 - ONCHOPRISTIS TOOTH FOSSIL

An Onchopristis numidus as WhodamanHD said. As far as I know that's the only species of Onchopristis present at Kem Kem. But this tooth seems to be a composite. It's definitely been repaired. But I think the top half looks slightly too fat and the colour is different. So I find it likely that this is constructed from two different teeth. The light red material is also typical for hiding repairs.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Nice fossils, thanks for sharing!

Fossil #3 has the magic sand and glue mixture to hide the join.

All real - just a Frankentooth :D

Edit: just checking, does the sand/glue section go all the way around or is there some enamel on enamel contact.

On 1 August 2017 at 11:00 AM, WhodamanHD said:

Onchiopristis was described by stromer, type species numidus. I believe the other species dunklei is a New Zealand species, but I'm not sure about that.

Heres a link to a free paper on Onchopristis in New Zealand by the late Ian Keyes:

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00288306.1977.10420706

Onchopristis dunklei praecursor

With a discussion on the relationship between different Onchopristis species.

Archived