July 2017 Invertebrate / Plant Find Of The Month

Cris

Cast a vote for your favorite find this month!  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Cast a vote for your favorite find this month!

• 1. Apoderoceras Ammonite - Jurassic  - Stonebarrow, Charmouth, Dorset, UK
    • 2. Ceraurus mifflinensis Trilobite - Middle Ordovician Platteville Formation - Grant County, Wisconsin, USA
    • 3. Hoploscaphites, Discoscaphites, Sphenodiscus Ammonites - Late Cretaceous, Fox Hills Formation - South Dakota, USA
    • 4. Actinocoelia Tiger Sponges - Permian Kaibab Formation - Mogollon Rim, Arizona, USA
    • 5. Dragonfly / Damselfly - Eocene Green River Formation - Lincoln County, Wyoming, USA
    • 6. Pecopteris arborescens Plant - Carboniferous/Pennsylvanian Rhode Island Formation - Portsmouth, Rhode Island, USA
    • 7.  Equistailes Horsetail Plant - Pennsylvanian Llewellyn Formation - Carbondale, Pennsylvania, USA

This poll is closed to new votes

Check the entries below carefully and cast your vote! PM me if you notice any errors with the entries.

The poll ends August 6th. Be sure to vote in our other FOTM poll, HERE.  

1. Apoderoceras Ammonite Jurassic  - Stonebarrow, Charmouth, Dorset, UK

1.jpg

6.jpg

17902123_10154151552361377_729922689_o.jpg

2. Ceraurus mifflinensis TrilobiteMiddle Ordovician Platteville Formation - Grant County, Wisconsin, USA

20170507_163005_HDR-1_resized.jpg

20170712_123214_resized.jpg

20170712_123334_resized.jpg

3. Hoploscaphites, Discoscaphites, Sphenodiscus Ammonites - Late Cretaceous Fox Hills Formation - South Dakota, USA

DSCN1141.JPG

DSCN1142.JPG

DSCN1118.JPG

4. Actinocoelia Tiger Sponges - Permian Kaibab Formation - Mogollon Rim, Arizona, USA

DSC00547AzChris.jpg

DSC00537AzChris.jpg

DSC00542AzChris.jpg

5. Damselfly - Eocene Green River Formation - Lincoln County, Wyoming, USA

DSCN4879.JPG

DSCN4880.JPG

DSCN4881.JPG

6. Pecopteris arborescens Plant - Carboniferous/Pennsylvanian Rhode Island Formation - Portsmouth, Rhode Island, USA

FullSizeRender[2].jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender[1].jpg

7.  Equistailes Horsetail Plant - Pennsylvanian Llewellyn Formation - Carbondale, Pennsylvania, USA

IMG_2283.JPG

IMG_2284.JPG

IMG_2285.JPG

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

• Cris featured this topic

It's hard this month! I pressed a few different ones before submitting my final vote.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Congrats to every entry this month!

These are all fantastic finds!

Best of luck to all of our participants!

Gosh there was some good ones this month!  Can we create an "All of the Above" button?

3 hours ago, caldigger said:

Gosh there was some good ones this month!  Can we create an "All of the Above" button?

I agree!

All very high quality this month!

3 hours ago, caldigger said:

I'll go along with that. Man, was that a tough decision!

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

"All of the Above" button, indeed!

Wow! July was a great month for TFF members to find some stunning and drool-worthy fossils. Congrats to all the members who submitted, you all have the best prize already--spectacular fossils and the memories of their discovery.

Now for the difficult decision of picking a single entry from all these--yikes, this is going to be hard!

Cheers.

-Ken

Ok, from now on perfectly preserved damsel flys will not be allowed!   :)    Looks like Blake is running away with this one. 

RB

5 hours ago, RJB said:

Ok, from now on perfectly preserved damsel flys will not be allowed!   :)    Looks like Blake is running away with this one. 

RB

With all the verts I find, I NEVER imagined I would have a chance to win an Invert FOTM.

Especially not on such a jam packed month!

Thanks to everyone who has voted thus far!

• Cris unfeatured this topic

Archived