Finding

RobinRFlores

24 minutes ago, Kane said:

Size and location, please. ;) 

Topic moved to Fossil ID.

Its in cotulla texas 

Without size and location it's hard to tell exactly what's in there, but yes they appear to be "sea shells" mostly.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Thanks for providing a scale. :) 

If you want to have a better understanding of the local geology, pay a visit to the USGS to locate a geologic map of your area. This should furnish a great deal of information regarding the relative age of your finds. From there, you will also be able to better identify the fossils that are local to the places you collect from. :) 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Maybe a rudist colony? :headscratch:

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I see the tag being Cotulla. I'm not familiar with the region, but according to W. L. Fisher, J. H. McGowen. 1967. Depositional Systems in the Wilcox Group of Texas and Their Relationship to Occurrence of Oil and Gas. Geological Circular 67-4 , the geological age could be Lower Eocene, from the Cotulla Barrier Bar System?

txu-oclc-4141729.thumb.jpg.fcbccf636e6f63ae434bbe9edc39a9fd.jpg

"The Wilcox Group (Lower Eocene) is a thick sequence of predominantly terrigenous clastic sediments and volumetrically a significant part of the large terrigenous fill of the western Gulf Coast Province. "

I think, there could be oysters in the matrix, maybe Ostrea duvali or similar.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Archived