Petrified alligator head!

RobinRFlores

Moved to fossil ID thread AGAIN. You've provided no size or location information AGAIN.

This is just a rock.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Can I get a close up picture of the eye, could be a crinoid segment.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

1 minute ago, RobinRFlores said:

Im new to this sorry.

No problem, but You need to help Us by providing some information with Your id requests.

Size and location are important things to know when trying to identify a picture of something.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Just now, RobinRFlores said:

Im new to this sorry.

Every one had to start somewhere, just post things to the correct subforum and always include a location (near the town of, etc.) and a scale (rulers work best). I can see why you thought it was a petrified head, but preservation beyond that or hard tissue is rare, also it may be good to look up a geologic map of your area and find out the age and formation, as well as type of rock. This helps us and you further. My guess is that this stuff is from before alligators evolved.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

1 minute ago, ynot said:

No problem, but You need to help Us by providing some information with Your id requests.

Size and location are important things to know when trying to identify a picture of something.

1501704500141558084544.jpg

All my findings are from Cotulla Texas

15 minutes ago, RobinRFlores said:

Im new to this sorry.

No problem. :) 

We just need more information in your posts, and need you to post in the appropriate Forum. :) 

Fossil ID is where all ID requests should be fielded. ;) 

You might consider joining a local Rock/Fossil/Mineral club, to learn about what fossils look like, and what you can expect to find in your area. 

Good luck!

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Archived