Fossil Accessories For Your Car

jax

So I drive around all day seeing the same things on cars. The soccerballs, and baseballs that are half out of the window, the shattered look. Or the jack in the box antenna balls.

Well, I had a thought on the way home (it may just be the heat....105 today) but I thought it would be cool to have an Ammonite sticking out of your rear window, and a meg tooth of ammonite sticking on your antenna.

Heres my very crude design for the idea. I think there might be a market for them on a certain web site I know of....

what do ya think??

post-221-1247697875_thumb.png

post-221-1247697897_thumb.jpg

I like it!

I think Roz will appreciate this her fossil related car accessories are pretty good.

i like the ammonite in the windshield... haha.

(although, there isnt much glass on a Jeep... I would have to figure something else out....)

maybe an ammonite wheel? or trailer hitch cover?

"To do is to be." -Socrates

"People are Stupid." -Wizard's First Rule

"Happiness is a warm Jeep." -Auspex

Heres my very crude design for the idea. I think there might be a market for them on a certain web site I know of....

what do ya think??

Heeheehee I'll take one of each!

Echinoid shifter knob!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

OH YOU GUYS, YOU ARE GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll take the ammonite especially the ammonite wheel covers :P :P :P

How about an Ammonite Hood Ornament?

Would that look good on an Xterra? :P

Im hoping it would look good on a Jeep Wrangler!

How about some mossy set covers? Or a grill guard in the shape of a large mammoth tooth?

Jax

I will buy one if you can make one for my steering wheel.

If you went putting a tooth like that on the antenna, I

wouldn't give it 10 minutes before it disappeared.

Welcome to the forum!

I used to have a "I brake for dinosaurs" bumper sticker and T. rex skull silhouette sticker on my old Explorer. Need some new stuff for my new rig I'm getting in September.

Bumper sticker?

post-423-1247708830_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Bumper sticker?

post-423-1247708830_thumb.jpg

I like it :thumbsup: especially the "got tracer" Truly one of a kind.

Jax

I will buy one if you can make one for my steering wheel.

If you went putting a tooth like that on the antenna, I

wouldn't give it 10 minutes before it disappeared.

Now im going to need donations to make molds :D

With the antenna balls, you have to glue them on! I found this out when someone STOLE my entire antenna...... got a new one, put a dab of liquid nails, then tightened it with a wrench.

But I wouldnt even know where to start with this stuff. I will have to see if someone could make the window ammos. Would be pertty cool to see someone else driving around with an ammonite sticking out of their window.

Personally, I only like to tour quarries in style! :P

- Brad

That will work :thumbsup:

I love them! I would totally buy that.

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

The ammonite in the window is great! How about a pair of urchins hanging from the trailer hitch?

fossils tend to accessorize my vehicles all by themselves. they get stuffed into nooks and crannies (why are nooks and crannies always hanging out together? doesn't seem that they have that much in common) and i find them months later when cleaning out the car or looking for something else. fanny pack and backpack are the same way. but i do think echinoid radio knobs would be cool. and you could have different raritynesses of echs for different grades/models of car. like work trucks would have garden variety echs, but the ltz model would have super-rare ones. the "texas edition" silverados would have pseudomorphs of moonrock after echies.

I love the Fossil Forum Mobile...

where do I sign up for quarry tours?

Personally, I only like to tour quarries in style! :P

- Brad

Yeah, that's a good one for the micro fossils, but when you gotta haul, here's mine:

Jurassic Attack

Kevin Wilson

What about a bite mark from a shark with a tooth left in the windshield?

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

that is awesome. if you go through with it you wanna send some samples my way??? :D We can call it advertising.

Archived