Rivière-sur-Tarn Aveyron

nala

I went also two times in this famous site for Toarcian fossils,,find the ammo yourself in the third picture;)

IMG_3097.JPG

IMG_3109.JPG

IMG_3120.JPG

Do you see it?

IMG_3123.JPG

Hi,

Where is the second hunt ? Nice fossils ! Which age ? Toarcian too ?

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Nice report, Gery, I agree with the other comments. I like that little bivalve with the long 'neck'.

I spotted the ammo right away in your 3rd pic (I assumed it would be near the middle). I wonder if Foozil found another one that you didn't notice, or did you see it and it was only a rock?

I have 2 small ammonites that were bought in a fossil shop years ago when I was a kid, with labels that say "Riviere s/Tarn, France (Toarcian)". This must be the same location, since you say it is famous? Or are there other spots on the river besides the one you visited that could be described as 'Riviere-sur-Tarn' also?

Thanks for the comments,i think there were only one on the picture,there are many other Toarcian sites near Millau and there is the Clapier in the northern part of Lozère but it's in a protected area and pyritized fossils are only deseapear in dust in these location or you have the risk to see the guards,few more field picts and clean finds

IMG_3161.JPG

IMG_3162.JPG

IMG_5164.JPG

IMG_5171.JPG

IMG_5177.JPG

• Enjoyed 1

Congratulations. That is an incredible haul! Love the beautiful ammonites, bivalves, and especially the gastropods, and of course the lovely scenery. Thanks for sharing. 

Boy what a great haul of ammonites.  I really think the spider web effect of "calcite" on the surface of some of those ammonites very cool.  I'd be inclined to leave of one them unprepped like that.  Cool collecting site/

Thanks crabfossilsteve,i prep the less possible my samples,i prefer also the natural aspect

IMG_3059.JPG

• Enjoyed 1

Hey Gery, nice to see the latest photos and finds. that one ammo reminded me of a Phylloceras I found a very long time ago--I'm pretty sure thats not the right genus for yours but it brought back some good memories. I wish we had some terrain like that around here. Regards, Chris