curious and coming to yall for some help identifying

AdamB9

I have absolutely no background in fossils or identification, but ran into this during a trail run in N. Georgia.   Just happened to look down during  a quick break.   Size wise, the area pictured is maybe a half dollar coin.   Curious if this is even anything, and if so, what it might have been.   Thanks, Adam

IMG_4719.jpg

Edited by AdamB9
post format

Welcome to the Forum. :) 

I agree - these look like cross sections through brachiopods. 

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Thank you, both!   That's enough to let me go have a read and explain to my kids.   That also seems to explain the other small things I'm seeing on the rock.  May photograph those later today.

Yes, I agree with brachiopod, you actually live in a pretty good region for fossil collection. Welcome to the forum!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason