8/5/2017 @ Penn Dixie

DevonianDigger

Had a great time at the site today with @minnbuckeye, @ischua and special guest, @fossilcrazy. Things being what they are this season with lots of blank benches, we decided to go nuts on a section of the site that had yet to be worked. I had a great day on Thursday prospecting a new exposure of the Smokes Creek trilobite bed, found many impressive bugs. Figured today would be the perfect day to go nuts on it. A decent number of bugs were found for the day considering the relatively small square footage we covered. Many sentences were started with the words, "If @Kanewere here..." 

I'm afraid I did not take as many pictures as I should've. In fact, I took only one. I know that Mike #1, (minnbuckeye) was running around with a camera for a while, so I bet there were more.  

I hope that everyone had a good time today. I have to apologize to @fossilcrazy, as I inadvertently didn't get a chance to say, "Goodbye!" It was great that John got to meet some more forum members, and special thanks go out to him for generously helping us with his Stihl saw and freeing some very stubborn fossils from the even-more stubborn limestone!

Looking forward to doing it again soon, guys!

20170805_123122.thumb.jpg.3ef7c93506644d786fac9776e71308fa.jpg

(L to R, @minnbuckeye and @ischua)

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

I hope all had treasures to bring home. It is always a pleasure meeting fellow FF members.

My ears were ringing, and my hammers are beginning to glow. :D 

Great to see some TFF folks on a great dig together.

I'll be wanting to check the new spot out, maybe a little later this month.  Sounds promising!

Bring on the pics of the finds! :popcorn:

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer