SailingAlongToo

On 2/19/2018 at 6:04 PM, MikeR said:

Hi Jack

Just started to clean up my Rushmere material from the trip and came across several Chlamys rogersii (Conrad, 1834) as well.  Five so far but the two below are the largest.  According to Lyle Campbell in his 1994 Yorktown publication it is one of the rarest of the Yorktown species.  Apparently not at this site.

Mike

5a8b57bd73996_Chlamysrogersii.jpg.a560c70f55c16f0f4cf9ebd6e4b7a2b3.jpg

Very nice, Mike! Now that you found more, I'm sure @Daleksec is going to want me to take him back to that site so he can look for some.

Are you making it up this way anytime soon? We could take you out with us to some places.

Cheers,

JR

Don't know much about history

Don't know much biology

Don't know much about science books.........

Sam Cooke - (What A) Wonderful World

Terrific thread with fantastic photos, super fossils and some great prep work. 

Love all those finds. :wub:

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

2 hours ago, SailingAlongToo said:

Very nice, Mike! Now that you found more, I'm sure @Daleksec is going to want me to take him back to that site so he can look for some.

Are you making it up this way anytime soon? We could take you out with us to some places.

Cheers,

JR

I will be doing some work at the Richmond VA sometime in spring/summer so I would love to go.

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain

1 hour ago, MikeR said:

I will be doing some work at the Richmond VA sometime in spring/summer so I would love to go.

I'll send our current May / June schedule to your email and we can take it offline. Once you have an idea on dates, I'll check tide charts and give you some options. I think we will see you in a few weeks anyway. :D

Don't know much about history

Don't know much biology

Don't know much about science books.........

Sam Cooke - (What A) Wonderful World