is this a real Claudiosaurus

Spinosaurus

i found this piece online, i think its a nice one for in my collection. but im not an expert on these things so i though lets ask sombody about it.

this is the specimen:

now with pictures ^_^

claudiosaurus1.jpg

claudiosaurus2.jpg

claudio3.jpg

The bones and the matrix look real to me, but the imprints of the missing bones look a little fishy. I am no expert at spotting fakes though, so wait for others to offer their opinions.

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

thanks for your fast replie. yes, when i look at it it is a bit fishy. i think im going to look what the seller sell too and look if thats suspicious too.

and if i look close, i think the Unla and the Tibia on my second picture are present.

Edited by Spinosaurus
not complete

In my opinion nothing to worry about - looks good!

Thomas

• I found this Informative 2

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

I do not know not ... But anatomically, and morphologically speaking ... This is very similar to Barasaurus besairiei :blink:. But yes, it is real and an excellent specimen!

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

I can't help with the ID, but this is legit.

The position of the bones looks natural and there is no messing around with painted or reconstructed/fabricated bones.

I wonder if the counter plate (other side) was also found. It is worth asking as some sellers may sell them as separate fossils. We have had cases on here where pieces of the same jaw were sold separately.

Im not implying anything about this particular dealer, but just something to consider.

There appears to be some weathering on the split surface so it may not have been split by the person who found the fossil.

7 hours ago, Doctor Mud said:

I can't help with the ID, but this is legit.

The position of the bones looks natural and there is no messing around with painted or reconstructed/fabricated bones.

I wonder if the counter plate (other side) was also found. It is worth asking as some sellers may sell them as separate fossils. We have had cases on here where pieces of the same jaw were sold separately.

Im not implying anything about this particular dealer, but just something to consider.

There appears to be some weathering on the split surface so it may not have been split by the person who found the fossil.

on the site the fossil is being sold the seller says that he have bought this one somewhere in mauritius, but it have been found in madagascar. so i dont think he has the counter plate.

Edited by Spinosaurus
wanted to remove something because it looked a bit wierd

7 hours ago, Doctor Mud said:

Good advice - it is worthwhile to ask and doesn't cost anything. Happened to me a couple of years ago : I first bought a fish slab from a Chinese dealer at ebay. Two years later,  the counter slab was offered by a US dealer.

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).