RJB

Fixing mistake for Tumido crab

RJB    357
RJB

About a year to two ago I went on the prep attack on this crab from New Zealand.  of course I picked the wrong side!   My compressor went on the blink about 2 weeks ago so, being bored,  I decided to repair this ventral side so that I can go on the prep attack on the dorsal side,,,,, someday.   I glued back on a big piece of rock and then filled the void with a bunch of rock-ite with some black coloring and covered with tape to hold its shape.   Once dried and cured I will simply sand it to the shape of the rock, then I can turn it over and start prepping.   Aways something, but now its almost ready. 

RB

Tumido001A.JPG

JohnBrewer    410
JohnBrewer

Looking forward to this Ron. 

RJB    357
RJB

@JohnBrewer, me too.  This one ive fixed, but have a few more to do also.  Just need time.

RB

Ptychodus04    710
Ptychodus04
13 hours ago, RJB said:

@JohnBrewer, me too.  This one ive fixed, but have a few more to do also.  Just need time.

RB

And a functioning air compressor.

RJB    357
RJB

Ok, took this baby to my table belt sander and cleaned it up.  Its now ready for prep on the correct side. 

RB

DSCN1209.JPG

ynot    1,946
ynot

:popcorn::popcorn:

RJB    357
RJB

Hey @ynot, I hope you have lots of popcorn?  its gunna be awhile before i can go on the prep attack on this thing.  gots lots of projects to do first. 

RB

ynot    1,946
ynot

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::thumbsu:

:hearty-laugh:

RJB    357
RJB

@ynot,  Ha!   That might be enough.  Ive first got to get my compressor up and running. 

RB

caldigger    435
caldigger
13 hours ago, ynot said:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::thumbsu:

:hearty-laugh:

Waiting for prep projects to complete is the reason for this country's rise in morbid obesity.  I figure ynot/Tony will be about 400 pounds by the time you finish.

ynot    1,946
ynot
4 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Waiting for prep projects to complete is the reason for this country's rise in morbid obesity.  I figure ynot/Tony will be about 400 pounds by the time you finish.

I got a good weapon against that "morbid obesity" stuff. I just go out to the desert and spend a week rockhounding.