Pre prep for Phareodus Fish

RJB

Ok, I got a late start today, had a dentist apointment.  yeah, some numb mouth to say the least!!!!  But I put in another 4 hours into this thing. It now really looks like a Phareodus. Got another 3 or so to finish up the ruffing out.  The fins get real tuff and takes me lots of exstream concentration!!!   Still gots to wait for my new air dryer that I bought and git it installed, but soon,,,, very soon I will start doing lots and lots of air abrasive work on many fish including this one.   Gunna be real exciting for sure!!! 

RB

Casey001F.JPG

Ok, didn't do alot, but it did take me almost an hour just to work out a template to oval this fish.  My son came over and cut it out for me.  Gunna be alot easier to move it around in my blasting cabinet for sure. Gots a long ways to go but by golly,,, its gettin there!!!  Woooooop!!!  Wooooop!!!

RB

Casey001H.JPG

12 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

RJB any particular reason for oval rather than rectangular?

Simply not enough rock.  Plus the oval gets rid of some of the bad parts,,, kinda. 

RB

18 minutes ago, RJB said:

Simply not enough rock.  Plus the oval gets rid of some of the bad parts,,, kinda. 

RB

Gotcha. I thought that might be the case but I have seen you do amazing things to restore matrix so I wasn’t sure.

4 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

Gotcha. I thought that might be the case but I have seen you do amazing things to restore matrix so I wasn’t sure.

I do amazing things?  Ha!!! Ive seen some of your work!  Im just a little peeon compared to you my freind!!  

RB

2 hours ago, RJB said:

I do amazing things?  Ha!!! Ive seen some of your work!  Im just a little peeon compared to you my freind!!  

RB

Pshh. Clearly your super powers are fossil prepping and modesty! :D

Alright, quit it before both your heads explode!:rofl:

Ron, if you think that thing looks like cow poop, evidently you haven't wandered barefoot through a pasture in a while. ( I had to add that element of ew!)

It looks terrific so far. And you haven't even gotten down to the nitty- gritty yet.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

11 hours ago, caldigger said:

Ron, if you think that thing looks like cow poop, evidently you haven't wandered barefoot through a pasture in a while. ( I had to add that element of ew!)

It looks terrific so far. And you haven't even gotten down to the nitty- gritty yet.

Yeah, its been awhile.  Use to step in it lots when i was a kid and we also had horse poop fights.  Oh  the joys of being a country kid in the summer time.    And also, the nitty-gritty will be the easy part.  its just gettin to that part is the hard part.

RB

Archived