Crab stands with some help

RJB

Ok, been working on this for quite some time.  Trying to find the right size stands for all your fossils can be quite difficult im finding out!  So,, I took some pliers and started bending up a snargle smargle storm!!!   Now Ive got most of my smaller fossil crabs in stands.  Woooooop!!!  Woooooop!!!  

Oh, and a picture of what it looked like without stands too.  Top shelf only.

RB

DSCN1191.JPG

DSCN0874.JPG

You have a fantastic case of crabs!

Like the way they display with the new stands.

Only problem is Your picture files are too small and can not enlarge to get a better look at all those wonderful fossils.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Hey @ynot, you have to come over for a visit to see them in person.  Oh, and I forgot this photo while I was working on all the 'bending' of stands.  I would take out a couple of crabs and bend them custom made to the crab, and in this photo, one ammo too. 

RB

DSCN1190.JPG

Those the stands look fantastic, but they just don't fit well with those awful crabs.

You should probably discard all your crabs and start over. Mail them this way, I will help you open up some space.

All jokes aside, they look great, love the custom ones. What material are you using?

Hey @FossilDudeCO,   You are right, i will send them your way. :) Just pieces of junk!  But its the best junk I have.  :) and i dont use any media, just air scribe and lots of time.  

RB

50 minutes ago, RJB said:

Hey @ynot, you have to come over for a visit to see them in person.  Oh, and I forgot this photo while I was working on all the 'bending' of stands.  I would take out a couple of crabs and bend them custom made to the crab, and in this photo, one ammo too. 

RB

DSCN1190.JPG

I'm looking at that trilo in the background... Where did you get that?? Can we see a better pic of it?

51 minutes ago, RJB said:

you have to come over for a visit to see them in person.

Thanks,  I will take You up on that the next time I am traveling through Your part of "another galaxy" !

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Impressive.. How many trips to the Cranbrook area did you have to make to find that one?

Love to see a picture of just one of your stands and what material you are using to make them. Are you making those bends just with vice grips or are you heating with a blow torch. I have been thinking about doing something to organize some of my fossils but have been procrastinating big time on getting started.

Stands....Stands.... I owe some kudos :yay-smiley-1:to my friend Ron. Back in the spring Ron had sold me a small reddish mahogany Aturia and I was hooked!.  So, leading into this trip to Foxhills, I asked Ron that if he should stumble across a matching Ammonite (small, reddish mahogany) with an attached stand,  I would like to add it to my budding collection.

DiscoscaphitesConradiFoxHills.jpg.b580a7df34e70f6f709c1410f0526f0e.jpg

Gorgeous!!! Exactly what I envisioned.   But Ron was dancing to the beat of a different drummer  -- he had other visions.

Hoploscaphites_nicoletti.thumb.jpg.246d6186e2bf8ffe04f663f27b540a5d.jpg

As you might imagine,  even as the owner of this gem, I am getting raves from friends and fossil enthusiasts who are not familiar with Nautiloids and Ammonites  and oh, by the way, Ron did deliver the best "stand" possible but I suppose it is somewhat unique to Ammos.  :fistbump:

Hoploscaphites_nicoletti2.thumb.jpg.7d34637d41e9007a665cf33346031ab7.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

18 hours ago, RJB said:

@Wrangellian.  I was there only once. 

Well either someone showed you where to find the good stuff or you've got horseshoes up the yin-yang! (or both)

I never found any that nice the one time I was there! I'm sure I was not at the right spot.

Archived