The Scorpion's Sting

caldigger

While walking around the gem show this past weekend, I walked by a booth with a number of fossils. Most were the usual shells of gastropods, brachiopods, corals and fish plates. I did notice this in a box and felt inspired by a past trade with member Malcolmt. An almost complete eurypterid. Labeled: Eurypterus remipes, Silurian- Cedarville, New York.  Originally priced at $49.50, I talked her down to $15.00!  I'm happy.

IMG_0203.JPG

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

7 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

You certainly are a lucky person with persuasive talent. Scale?

It is a small little bugger at around 6cm long. But for the price, I won't complain. I probably could have stolen it for $10, but I didn't want to press my luck too far.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

At $15 you did amazing. Wonder how it got out west at that price. Even at$49 it was fairly priced.

Malcolm,

The lady that was selling it does all her own self collecting, selling her wares at gem and mineral shows and has been doing it for quite a long time (about forty years) I have a feeling she is just plain "burned out" and very tired of doing the show circuit. It seems like she just wants to off load her inventory so she can finally retire in peace.  Doing the shows back to back for months on end takes a lot out of a person.

Still, nothing compares to your specimens I got.  Definately deserving of their own showcase.

Doren

Dorensigbadges.JPG