WhodamanHD

Fossil sites in Eastern Maryland?

WhodamanHD

I know that east Maryland is mostly a sea of sand and clay post-Pleistocene, but I'm going on a day trip there tommorow and I was wondering if anyone knew of (legal) fossil hunting spots in the area. I would assume most would be Miocene or Paleocene. The Choptank river I would I assume have the Choptank formation, but what do I know. The geologic map suggests a few places but the thing is fifty years old and prone to inaccuracies (much like some people I know:P). If you have any places feel free to PM me. 

Forgot to add, would have to be in queen Anne's county and south.

WhodamanHD
4 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I thank you for your reply, but by eastern Maryland, I mean eastern shore. I will probably check out Douglas point at a later date. I just found a reference to a possible site in an extremely old book which I may check out.

WhodamanHD

@EMP

Its bit after, but ill probably be back there at a later date. I saw in a book a site that looked a bit dangerous near a bridge over the Choptank so I decided not to go that way. I looked at sassafras (the geo map said there was some Cretaceous but I didn't trust it) but water borne collecting isn't my thing either. Is it legal to collect at elk neck? May go there when I'm in the area if so, even if fossils are rare it's worth a search or two. Thanks!