Nothosaurus partial skeleton ?

killer2906

Hello,

i´m interested in this Nothosaurus Skeleton.

But i´m not 100% sure about the authenticity.

The dealer has send me photos befor the prep.

I hope you can help me.

Thank You,

Michael

h.jpg

s-huoi.jpg

s-jjj.jpg

s-jü.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

If it was "prepped", then its real. The matrix looks great and the quartz(?) running through it is a good sign. I see no red flags, but I am far from an expert.

I'm also as far from an expert as a rally far thing, maybe Nebraska (which I have yet to visit and am unsure of the existence of:P) but if I was to make a fake, I'd make it perfect, in uniform matrix and one slab, this looks natural to me.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

thats a awesome looking fossil but i can neither confirm or deny if its fake sorry hopefully some of the more knowledgeable forum members can help. good luck

The fact that it is broken up adds to its real factor. Side note: looks beautiful, if only it was one piece

I've never bought from this dealer before, but his material has always looked genuine to me.

Most telling is that he is one of the very few dealers that sold a real Chinese turtle fossil, versus the hundreds of fake circulating around.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Archived