Bone valley teeth

Miocene_Mason

I recently got some bone valley matrix (thanks @joshuajbelanger) and over my first search I found these, and I am horrid at identifying shark teeth, do you all know what they are? They are all around one millimeter in size. Thanks!

IMG_2730.JPG

IMG_2732.JPG

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

What's cool about this matrix is the color. Because the teeth are still in the matrix they don't have that black peace river color.  These colors are the same as being found in the mines.  I have tons of this matrix, I've found a couple big megs in it, but it's really hit and miss.  Glad you found a few bits in there.  Lemme know if you found any more trilos in that dolomite, although, that will be a little tougher to break.

6 minutes ago, joshuajbelanger said:

What's cool about this matrix is the color. Because the teeth are still in the matrix they don't have that black peace river color.  These colors are the same as being found in the mines.  I have tons of this matrix, I've found a couple big megs in it, but it's really hit and miss.  Glad you found a few bits in there.  Lemme know if you found any more trilos in that dolomite, although, that will be a little tougher to break.

No megs yet, but I still have some matrix to go, I suspect just these little teeth and rays are gonna come my way, although I found an urchin spine. I think I found a thorax segment (it was on the surface, not split out) but it's rather worn. Still working to split it, I did clean up the big one at the top a little. 

IMG_2736.JPG

Thorax segment, hard to see but there.

IMG_2734.JPG

Bottom right

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Archived