ID for Ramanessin Brook Teeth

PaleoNoel

Back in 2016 I went fossil hunting in Ramanessin Brook, New Jersey. I found plenty of shark teeth as usual (Squalicorax, Scapanorhynchus, Archaeolamna etc.) and a few small invertebrates. But two teeth looked different from the rest. Since then I have just referred to them as fish teeth but I'm not sure how accurate that is. Mosasaur teeth are apparently found regularly at Ramanessin and I have heard of people finding crocodile teeth as well. The potential reptile tooth is very small, which is what made me think that it came from a fish originally. I'm not sure what the more striated tooth belongs to but it could come from a Xiphactinus or be a sawfish rhostral spine. If anyone could help me out in identifying these fossils that would be great

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

FullSizeRender (4).jpg

FullSizeRender (5).jpg

Edited by PaleoNoel
forgot to add a few things

I don't see any tooth enamel on that specimen. I think it is most likely a tooth-shaped concretion with a very slight possibility of being an extremely worn mosasaur tooth or bone fragment. If I had a dollar for every suggestively shaped concretion I've handled from the brooks, well. 

The first one looks like it could be a split tooth, likely reptilian.  The second looks like a partial, eroded Enchodus tooth.   The pictures arent quite sharp enough to be definitive, however. 

• I found this Informative 1

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---

The first one is either a crocodile tooth or a Mosasaur tooth, but most likely a Mosasaur tooth because it is common for them to be split in half.

The second is a sawfish rostral spine blade. The last pic of the broken end shows that it has a hole in the center which is typical of broken rostrals.

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

On 8/11/2017 at 1:48 PM, Jeffrey P said:

I don't see any tooth enamel on that specimen. I think it is most likely a tooth-shaped concretion with a very slight possibility of being an extremely worn mosasaur tooth or bone fragment. If I had a dollar for every suggestively shaped concretion I've handled from the brooks, well. 

Thanks for replying. I certainly know the feeling of pick up a tooth shaped concretion and being disappointed by finding out what it really is. It may be the quality of the image, but I can see the shine of enamel when I hold both pieces under light.

On 8/11/2017 at 11:02 PM, josephstrizhak said:

The first one is either a crocodile tooth or a Mosasaur tooth, but most likely a Mosasaur tooth because it is common for them to be split in half.

The second is a sawfish rostral spine blade. The last pic of the broken end shows that it has a hole in the center which is typical of broken rostrals.

Thanks! I was hoping it would be a Mosasaur tooth as I have no others in my collection (despite several trips to Big Brook and Ramanessin Brook). And it's great to know the identity of the other fossil as well.