Max-fossils

Hi all,

Came across this, and thought it might interest a few of you:

http://interestingengineering.com/these-impressive-tunnels-were-dug-by-ancient-giant-sloths/

Those ground sloths are really my favorite, they're gigantic but still have a cute/gentle look. And they're architectural masters too.

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

I've seen this, very interesting. Ground sloths were known to live in caves (the caverns full of dung in US) but the thought they could make there own is truly amazing.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

4 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

I've seen this, very interesting. Ground sloths were known to live in caves (the caverns full of dung in US) but the thought they could make there own is truly amazing.

It is! Fascinating animals...

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

Are there huge mounds outside these things? Thats a lot of material to dispose of.

9 hours ago, Foozil said:

Thats amazing! :trilosurprise:

Indeed!

9 hours ago, caldigger said:

Are there huge mounds outside these things? Thats a lot of material to dispose of.

Doesn't say... Maybe the sloths flattened the soil around 

Max Derème

Archived