Finally, one fish into the display case

RJB

Im sure Ive shown this one before, but it was a long time ago.   The funny thing is, when I first brought this little slab of rock to my prep bench, I automatically figured it was a Knightia!  ha!!  I always start on the head when I start prepping a fish and it didnt take long to realize that this was a Phareodus. What a super nice surprize that was!  Came out quite nice but it does have a fin problem on the top side.  Still, quite a nice little fish of 6 and 1/2 inches!   Its now in the display case.  Woooooooop!!!  Wooooop!!   With enough time this little case will be full?

RB

DSCN1202.JPG

DSCN1203.JPG

DSCN1204.JPG

Hey @Ludwigia, this will take some time.  Gots lots more boxes to go through.  I only bring home a box or two about every few months?  Not counting all the projects I have to do.  Still, fun stuff for me.

RB

So gathering from what I see in your picture, is this cabinet/ case to be dedicated solely to matrix mount pieces?  Looking good so far!

Thanks everyone.  Somewhere Ive got a little baby Phareodus about 2 inches.  Will look nice sittin by this one.

RB

Ok, more fossils into the display case.  Even my pine cones. and a bunch of my gastropods.   Looking better all the time.

RB

DSCN1210.JPG

PLEASE get someone to set your camera to take larger pics... I don't think the small format does your fossils any justice - they look like they are spectacular but it's like looking at them from a distance!

A beautiful display case already!!! :wub:

The fish is a great addition and prep too!

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Archived