Big Brook, NJ - Tooth

PalaeoArt

Wondering if anyone can help ID these two teeth. I found them last weekend sifting in Big Brook, New Jersey which is Cretaceous. Found plenty of shark teeth and belemnites, but couldn't place these two. They are both fairly small (the black one is 1cm in length, and the larger worn one is 2cm) but seem to be the same fossil type. I know that Croc and Mosasaur teeth can be found here but these looked a little different. There is a ridge that runs down both sides of each tooth, but the feature that confused me was the lateral striations on the tooth which seem to run around the circumference of the teeth. Would welcome anyone's thoughts?

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

Both of them are belemnite phragmacones. They are compacted sediment that has filled the living chamber of the belemnite after it died

• I found this Informative 2

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

Perfect. Thank you. That's exactly what they are.

2 minutes ago, josephstrizhak said:

Both of them are belemnite phragmacones. They are compacted sediment that has filled the living chamber of the belemnite after it died