Is this authentic? Ammolite Korite

Gemstonefreak

Hello,

I purchased this pendant online, and I am questioning its authenticity! It came in an ammolite korite white box. It looks just like a pendant photo I found on their website, but there's a stamp label Bronze RP at the top of the pendant. The last time I checked, they produce jewelry in silver and gold. Does the stamp mean it's made of bronze? Is this authentic ammolite?

Thanks!

IMG_2314.JPG

IMG_2315.JPG

No way to tell from the pictures alone, but here are some guesses.

"Bronze RP" may denote a bronze finding plated in rhodium, that is RP, rhodium plate.

From the glare in the photo the piece gives me the impression of a doublet - a thin layer of ammolite, capped with a domed rock crystal. Try looking at the stone from the side. Can you detect a clear "top" layer?

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

It's lovely, much better picture.....but, you should have come to snolly's recent auction to support the Forum! You will find some ammolite links there.

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/71117-rolling-auction-to-support-the-forum-version-2017/&do=findComment&comment=798405

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, i am not a English native speaker but have some fossil questions that i would like to get some answers

I like ammolite as they are colorful, so my family and friend liked it too, they can be made into great jewelry

I am living in malaysia, where i come from, it can sell to high prices, therefore i just want to know if it is real or can be fabricate by other method?

23223244_127445107973741_1877656300_o.jpg

I have seen an ebay auction selling "cultured ammolite" from India- so I assume it can be faked or duplicated some way by man.  Don't know how though.

Welcome to The Fossil Forum.

Nice piece. It looks real and similar to all the other pieces that I have seen. Real pieces also have cracks and the linear ripples/crinkles.

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

Archived