Mosasaur Jaw Fossil?

sportcardconnection

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to the world of fossil collecting and would appreciate some expert level input on the legitimacy of this mosasaur jaw.  I realize there are many fake pieces circulating the market.  Does anyone know what something like this is worth?  Any assistance would be very helpful.  

Thank you!

599064ffe026c_ScreenShot2017-08-13at7_37_22AM.thumb.png.1a2ca284f941d290a9074685b7f71244.png5990659ab14a9_ScreenShot2017-08-13at7_36_54AM.png.11581a375cf7d01b1dd9b630bae5f684.png

Edited by sportcardconnection

It is a very nice jaw with no or minimal restoration. The bone looks to be all original. Difficult to tell about the teeth without close-up pics but they also look original.

It looks good to me.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Looks pretty good. This is a lower left jaw (dentary). No red flags. The closeup of those front teeth looks good, those are genuine. And based on the overview photos I see no reason to think the teeth in the back have been altered.

Looks like Eremiasaurus heterodontus. Though Prognathodon sp. shouldn't be ruled out I think.

Very nice piece.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

One of the very few 100% authentic Mosasaur jaws with teeth we've seen in years. Usually these authentic jaws are filled with replacement teeth or the jaws are complete fakes and random teeth are glued in. 

Nice piece.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

7 minutes ago, sportcardconnection said:

Thanks for all the help everyone!  I ended up buying the piece last night 

Nice acquisition, it's a beautiful specimen!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason