Scaled Dinosaur Figure Collection

paleogeorge

Building dioramas of past life from Edicaran through Pleistocene for educational dioramas. Can anyone suggest resources for SCALED sets/collections?  Hate it when the veloceraptor is the same size as the sauropods. 

Also, for backgrounds, can anyone suggest current paleo artists that might participate in an educational product?

Mike Menasco on FB is a great artist...

If you pm me, I might know an artist personally I could get you in touch with. 

• I found this Informative 1

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

• 1 month later...

Not exactly what you ask for but very inspirin  Zdenek Burian paintings are really amazing ,he is probably the best prehistoric life painter in my opinion. Followed very closely by charles r knight. Both are not contemporary Artist but there works are second none. I have been lucky enough to have seen both Artists paintings in real life, breath taking . I think what I am saying is all the best diarmas, natural history paintings and museums have one thing in common and that is wonder .  There are more realist paintings of prehistoric life, there are more realistic and modern  fossils display but for me some times the wonders is a little lacking.This is from an Artist point of view. The first three are from Burian's  book prehistoric animals and plants.The next are from Charles R Knight , the Artist who saw through time.

IMG_0704.JPG

IMG_0706.JPG

IMG_0707.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

IMG_0712.JPG

Ah, Ive known those paintings since I was in preschool xD. They indeed look amazing, but hilariously inaccurate today. 

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

5 hours ago, Macrophyseter said:

Ah, Ive known those paintings since I was in preschool xD. They indeed look amazing, but hilariously inaccurate today. 

Oh yes they are completely wrong the Iguanodon is my favourite. But saying this they for me have a look that has so much charm, it outways the mistakes. I never feel an emotional connection to computer generated images of prehistoric creatures and this is coming from a successful digital artist myself. Now Charles R Knight paintings are hung in The Flield museum in Chicago and  Zdenek Burian is hung in National museum of Prague. Both have important  fossil collections that are intermingled with beautiful erroneous oil paintings. Says it all for me, they still have a valued place in discovering prehistoric history. I also love the painted backgrounds in the Hall of African Mammals dioramas in the American Museum of Natural History in New York , the eighth wonder of the world .

IMG_0714.JPG