Darko

:envy:

amazing fossil finds! I had no idea that Serbia was fossiliferous, what is the age of these? 

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

2 minutes ago, ynot said:

@Darko,

What is the story behind these fossils?

The story is that I started yesterday with hunting and I've found all of this!

Just now, Darko said:

Well that's good, I hope you find more! You can expect me at your door tomorrow:P 

that fish is really quite beautiful, are these Permian in age?

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

5 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

:envy:

amazing fossil finds! I had no idea that Serbia was fossiliferous, what is the age of these? 

And it really is!! Well,I know for sure that these fossils are from panonian sea,the part of parathetys ...I think this is from miocene period

2 minutes ago, Darko said:

First trip to this site or first time fossil hunting?

Either way You found some nice pieces.

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

1 minute ago, WhodamanHD said:

Well that's good, I hope you find more! You can expect me at your door tomorrow:P 

that fish is really quite beautiful, are these Permian in age?

Sure bro,no problem :D..As I said I think is a miocene period because of the ancient shallow sea that has been here,the Panonian sea..I hope you enjoy the pics :) and thanks!

Just now, ynot said:

First trip to this site or first time fossil hunting?

Either way You found some nice pieces.

Tony

First time to this site,I have been hunting in that area but I didn't know that there is a marl stone mine...Before that I've found fossilized snails in limestone chunks in the corn field...Thanks Tony!

4 minutes ago, Darko said:

And it really is!! Well,I know for sure that these fossils are from panonian sea,the part of parathetys ...I think this is from miocene period

Miocene, okay. That's interesting, I'm going to do some research on it. Be on the lookout for megalodon teeth, I dont know if they are found there but the time is right, and I don't see why they couldn't swim up for a visit (except for maybe lack of food). Good luck!

Happy hunting,

Mason

Just did some research, the Pannonian sea did have megalodons, someone in Croatia found one in a river.

Happy hunting,

Mason

As I recall,it's Pannonian,for those wishing to look it up.

Also ,i think the Pannonian Lake was an isolated arm of the ancient Paratethys sea

gbathy579x250.jpg

gbathy579x250.jpg

1 minute ago, WhodamanHD said:

Miocene, okay. That's interesting, I'm going to do some research on it. Be on the lookout for megalodon teeth, I dont know if they are found there but the time is right, and I don't see why they couldn't swim up for a visit (except for maybe lack of food). Good luck!

I'm looking for that! I know that one guy from a nearby Croatia found in a river a Meg tooth! Really Amazing! And I know that panonian sea has been in Croatia too...So Megalodon is a mystery but it could be found here,I think :D...Workers here in a marl stone mine have been found an aligator skull ,u can google it ( Srpski krokodil or Paracinski krokodil) ...And I know that the skull dates in Miocene period...So I'm looking forward to find something bigger!

2 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Just did some research, the Pannonian sea did have megalodons, someone in Croatia found one in a river.

True!

4 minutes ago, doushantuo said:

As I recall,it's Pannonian,for those wishing to look it up.

Also ,i think the Pannonian Lake was an isolated arm of the ancient Paratethys sea

Yes,but here we call it the Pannonian shallow sea...As the time goes ,that shallow sea has changed the shape and became a lake...Scientist from Serbia called it a Serbian lake.

The Meg tooth from Croatia was found in a river, perhaps loose? It could also be from a little bit older strata, maybe Badenium. At this time, fully marine conditions were prevailing in this area, frequently visited by Megs.

Franz Bernhard

• 7 months later...

The consistency of the sediments indicate fine-grained lacustrine facies.

Pannoniansea_currentborders.thumb.png.9147d4055c96cd323cee6c5fad97d606.png

1-s2.0-S0264817215000379-gr2.jpg.a16aa175ac3a4fa7740f8cd8f8edaca2.jpg

link

Your specimens are from terrestrial trees, including conifers.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Those are some neat plant specimens! My collection is lacking in the vegetable department. :envy:

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

18 hours ago, abyssunder said:

The consistency of the sediments indicate fine-grained lacustrine facies.

Pannoniansea_currentborders.thumb.png.9147d4055c96cd323cee6c5fad97d606.png

1-s2.0-S0264817215000379-gr2.jpg.a16aa175ac3a4fa7740f8cd8f8edaca2.jpg

link

Your specimens are from terrestrial trees, including conifers.

But it's not about Pannonian sea..And that first picture is Mostly Northern Serbia.I found this in central Serbia,Paracin.So, i can't agree with you.Specimens don't lie. Of course that they are  terrestrial trees,but most of my specimens are from the lake.

@abyssunder i know all of that cause i asked Serbian paleontologist and he told me that most fossils from my region are from miocene period.

13 hours ago, MeargleSchmeargl said:

Those are some neat plant specimens! My collection is lacking in the vegetable department. :envy:

Thank you :)

Some super plants. 

It's lovely to see fossils from Serbia. :wub:

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

1 hour ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Some super plants. 

It's lovely to see fossils from Serbia. :wub:

Thank you! Much appreciated @Tidgy's Dad:ighappy::dinothumb:

• 2 years later...
On 8/13/2017 at 7:56 PM, Darko said:

WP_20170812_17_19_33_Pro.thumb.jpg.1bc6ac4da55541d18dee8e16f225ea26.jpgWP_20170812_17_19_33_Pro.thumb.jpg.1bc6ac4da55541d18dee8e16f225ea26.jpgWP_20170812_16_44_52_Pro.thumb.jpg.8719bee0d1b1d7c4ef4889f0914d4f33.jpg

WP_20170812_16_45_49_Pro.jpg

WP_20170812_16_29_16_Pro.jpg

WP_20170812_22_08_02_Pro.jpg

WP_20170813_13_38_19_Pro.jpg

Might be late but where in serbia is this? I might be in novi pazar next summer. So i would like to go to this location. Is it near novi pazar?