Again i need help :D

Darko

Using Blue Beach in Nova Scotia as an analog to expand on your other post I'm going to say fish pieces.

21 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Using Blue Beach in Nova Scotia as an analog to expand on your other post I'm going to say fish pieces.

Thanks for help!

Another vote for fish bits

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

3 minutes ago, Darko said:

hahahah :D

Around here a vote is sort of a way of indicating that you speak with no real authority. Don't worry it's as political as we get.

15 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

Could be regurgitated bits from a predator.

Oh P u . . .  (hahaha) :)

Maybe it's a coprolite.....

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Darko, 

Can you tell us anything about the depositional environment there ? At Blue Beach the fish parts are aggregated by a current as evidenced by frequent tool marks. 

I suspect this kind of split may be suggestive of these 'excremental' ideas in a less energetic environment.  

6 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Darko, 

Can you tell us anything about the depositional environment there ? At Blue Beach the fish parts are aggregated by a current as evidenced by frequent tool marks. 

I suspect this kind of split may be suggestive of these 'excremental' ideas in a less energetic environment.  

I can only say that I found it in a marl stone mine deposits.This place where I have found these fossils have been a Pannonian sea at first,then after that It has changed to a smaller Pannonian lake...In these deposits has been found a aligator skull from a miocene period. So that includes that this place has been some kind of lake or swamp.

They do resemble bits of fish, scales, maybe bones. Can we see a clear close in shot with a scale?

Thanks.

36 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Sounds like the sort of place fishy poos might hang out.

hahaha maybe

38 minutes ago, Doctor Mud said:

They do resemble bits of fish, scales, maybe bones. Can we see a clear close in shot with a scale?

Thanks.

WP_20170814_00_57_41_Pro.jpg

WP_20170814_00_53_36_Pro.jpg

WP_20170814_00_54_05_Pro.jpg

38 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

coprolite, regurgitite...what's the difference? :P

The come out of opposite ends, of course! :P 

2 hours ago, Rockwood said:

On an emergency trip to the can the distinction could be crucial :)

:hearty-laugh:

13 hours ago, Darko said:

hahaha maybe

WP_20170814_00_57_41_Pro.jpg

WP_20170814_00_53_36_Pro.jpg

WP_20170814_00_54_05_Pro.jpg

Still a bit fuzzy to make out the exact elements, but they sure look like fish bits.

i wonder if the white oblong bits are otoliths- fish earbones. Do they have rings or lines?

1 hour ago, Doctor Mud said:

Still a bit fuzzy to make out the exact elements, but they sure look like fish bits.

i wonder if the white oblong bits are otoliths- fish earbones. Do they have rings or lines?

They do, you can see in one of the pictures. I read a paper on fossils in this area, they seemed to be able to tell what the otoliths belongs to somehow, do you know if this is easily possible?

Happy hunting,

Mason

1 hour ago, WhodamanHD said:

They do, you can see in one of the pictures. I read a paper on fossils in this area, they seemed to be able to tell what the otoliths belongs to somehow, do you know if this is easily possible?

Yes - looking at one if these new images on the screen - not my phone - I can see the rings a lot clearer.

Otoliths can be quite good indicators of fish species and even the age of the fish. Looks like there are at least 4 otoliths so at least two individuals.

Archived