Weird armor-like thing

Max-fossils

Hi all,

Found this 2 days ago on the Zandmotor (Netherlands). I have no clue what it is... 

Anyone know what it could be from?

Thanks in advance,

Max

IMG_0823.JPG

IMG_0824.JPG

IMG_0825.JPG

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

I'm not familiar with the crustaceans from the Netherlands .. but it looks like a hairy crab underbelly.

Cheers,

Brett

IMG_0975.JPG.fee642f1a5ff045858f1db1c5e6e89b0.JPG

Female-crab.jpg.31ac5e01d9bdb0bb46d6bd3b3b43d7b4.jpg

Yup, that be a crab. 

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

25 minutes ago, RJB said:

@Brett Breakin' Rocks, In not interested in the modern crab sternum, but very interested in seeing a better photo of those crab concretions you have in your photo!!!  Those look very cool!!! 

RB

Haha .. which photo is that RB ? ... I grabbed these images from online. One is from a fisherman from the Netherlands. :D

Cheers,

Brett

:blink:

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

@Brett Breakin' Rocks @Taogan @WhodamanHD

Thanks for the help! Must have been a big crab. The most common crab in the North Sea is, I think, the Cancer pagurus. 

When I found it, I did think of crab, but as I was only thinking about its armor, I discarded the idea. Guess you also have to look beneath things!

Best regards,

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Archived