Fossil Bone ID

Flx

Hi
Below please find some pictures of bone fossil from the Kem Kem beds in Morocco. I am not quite sure what I am looking at...

I think it may be from a dino (sauropod phalanges?) or crocodile. 

Any ideas?

small_kemkem2.jpg

I'm not an expert with this stuff, but could it be turtle?

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

That was my first thought as well, so I could agree with you. :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

9 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

I'm not an expert with this stuff, but could it be turtle?

I totally forgot to look at turtles! Thank you!  ^_^

It seems that there is not much pictures/papers about cretaceous Kem Kem turtles. However, I can see very similar bones shapes when looking at skeletons of modern turtles (including that twisted/flat geometry of the bone on the left). 

7 hours ago, Flx said:

I totally forgot to look at turtles! Thank you!  ^_^

It seems that there is not much pictures/papers about cretaceous Kem Kem turtles. However, I can see very similar bones shapes when looking at skeletons of modern turtles (including that twisted/flat geometry of the bone on the left). 

No problem, just seen turtle limb bones that look similar. Good luck on a more solid ID!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Archived