Original keichousaurus ?

Thanks for attention.

I'm a beginner in this universe, I'm a collector of Militaria, but I've always liked fossils, there really is a lot of traffic coming from China and that's where I got this Keichoussaurus, maybe our forum members can clarify how this technique works.

First I'm studying how to identify an original fossil or not, I'll be going to Morocco soon and I do not want to fall into any trap, then I want to go to the field and start looking for my own fossils and then start to prepare some of them and I'm sure I'll get a lot Help in this Forum.

Tks

48 minutes ago, Flavio said:

Thanks for attention.

I'm a beginner in this universe, I'm a collector of Militaria, but I've always liked fossils, there really is a lot of traffic coming from China and that's where I got this Keichoussaurus, maybe our forum members can clarify how this technique works.

First I'm studying how to identify an original fossil or not, I'll be going to Morocco soon and I do not want to fall into any trap, then I want to go to the field and start looking for my own fossils and then start to prepare some of them and I'm sure I'll get a lot Help in this Forum.

Tks

If you are going to Morocco, it might be a good idea to pay for the services of a reputable guide. One of our members, @TNGray, posted an exquisite report on a guided collecting trip in Morocco that you can find on his website: http://www.nautiloid.net/fossils/sites/alnif/alnif.html

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

It seems pretty real, the calcite cracks add to the realism. However the lack of missing bones suggests at least a few were painted on. This is quite common in keichousaurus fossils so don't be alarmed. There are specimens out there with no paint, but I believe you can take it off somehow.

3 hours ago, Kane said:

Se você estiver indo para Marrocos, pode ser uma boa idéia pagar pelos serviços de um guia respeitável . Um dos nossos membros, @TNGray , postou um relatório requintado sobre uma viagem de coleta guiada no Marrocos que você pode encontrar em seu site:  http://www.nautiloid.net/fossils/sites/alnif/alnif.html

Kane thanks for the information, it will be great to help have a serious guide on this trip.

Very interesting your blog, congratulations.

1 hour ago, The Speeding Carno said:

It seems pretty real, the calcite cracks add to the realism. However the lack of missing bones suggests at least a few were painted on. This is quite common in keichousaurus fossils so don't be alarmed. There are specimens out there with no paint, but I believe you can take it off somehow.

The Speeding Carno maybe you're right, but we'll just be sure when it gets to my hands and then I'll post more details. Tks