Massive restored Megalodon Teeth 6 11/16 inches

mattbsharks

Hi Everyone, 

I recently came into possession of some megalodon teeth that are absolutely perfect for restorations. They started out as 3/4 complete teeth.

IMG_20170815_235217_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170815_235231_HDR.jpg

This one ended up being 6 11/16 inches which is my biggest tooth ever! It has some really nice serrations on it all of the way around. I did restorations to the tip, severe enamel peel on the front and back, blade near the bourlette, and lots of reconstruction of the root.

This one wound up being 6 25/36 or 6.694 inches There were essentially both corners broken off. I also restored the tip. This tooth has a little bit of serrations, but much less so than the other tooth. I have always been envious of  teeth restored by Matty Swilp from Matty's megs, and I think I finally figured out one of the tricks of the trade. I obviously have a long way to go before I am anywhere near as good as Matty though. If you put a gloss designed for acrylic paints over the entire blade area of the tooth, both the restored and natural part, the tooth will wind up looking more realistic and it will be a lot harder to pinpoint where the restorations were made. I believe that Matty does this, because if you look at any of his restored teeth on ebay, they have extremely shiny blades that look similar to these ones. You can find this gloss at michaels for like $5. I hope you enjoyed seeing my restored teeth!

-Matt

Always pretty fossils coming from you, keep up the good work!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

3 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

Always pretty fossils coming from you, keep up the good work!

Thank  you so much:)!

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2017 at 2:39 PM, wamorris1999 said:

It really is a lot of fun doing this isn't it? Good job

thanks, it's a blast

Archived