What is it?

Kingofthekats

It looks like an artifact, to me, a conglomerate covered with a thin layer.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Looks like it might be ceramic/concrete. 

Not a fossil. 

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Concrete looks a lot like conglomerate sometimes, I vote that's completely concrete.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

28 minutes ago, Kingofthekats said:

Yeah it does look like conglomerate what is it covered with?

The thin layer might be similar to what is used in pottery enamel.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Yeah so if it is a artifact that was smoothed down the painted on could be a possibility still be Conglomerate

1 minute ago, Kingofthekats said:

Yeah so if it is a artifact that was smoothed down the painted on could be a possibility still be Conglomerate

An artifact of modern man. Not very likely to be conglomerate. (Native Americans did not use cement before Europeans gave them the knowledge.)

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

I think you may have stumbled on someone's discarded yard art.  Not old, not a native artifact. Very likely just a decorative piece of statuary that probably broke and the owner chucked it.

Try to hold a flame to one portion of the enamel and see if it burns or eventually melts. If happens that, the enamel is not pottery enamel, it could be oil paint (ground pigment with drying oil).

Thomas Mann

My Library

Archived