DeepTimeIsotopes

Mini-Documentaries: PBS Eons

DeepTimeIsotopes

I have just recently discovered a Youtube channel called PBS Eons. It seems like they have just started producing videos a few weeks ago. They are small videos at under 10 minutes long but jam packed with information. I have found them quite entertaining so I thought I'd share them. They are posted once a week on Mondays.

Here's the channel URL: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzR-rom72PHN9Zg7RML9EbA

Foozil

I found them yesterday, reckon they're pretty good. Thanks for sharing. :dinothumb:

DeepTimeIsotopes
9 minutes ago, Foozil said:

I found them yesterday, reckon they're pretty good. Thanks for sharing. :dinothumb:

I like how diverse their video topics are so far. Hopefully, they continue that way. It's nice to see stuff from the Archaean and a few thousand years ago and everything in between in the same video series. 

Foozil
Just now, UtahFossilHunter said:

I like how diverse their video topics are so far. Hopefully, they continue that way. It's nice to see stuff from the Archaean and a few thousand years ago and everything in between in the same video series. 

Definitely. Its great that they aren't just posting well known stuff, they are actually educating people about the lesser known stuff too.

DeepTimeIsotopes
40 minutes ago, Foozil said:

Definitely. Its great that they aren't just posting well known stuff, they are actually educating people about the lesser known stuff too.

So far, my favorite has been the Great Oxidation Event video. I had learned about the red banded iron formations in a geology course but I hadn't connected it in to my view of the history of the earth until I watched that video. I find it extremely helpful when they give the context of the time period before and after the subject in question.