SalomonAssissel

I just find this yesterday i guess is a horn or bone or something like that. I couldn't upload more photos they told me max is 3.95 mo i have a pretty good quality i will see how to make it less.

20170817_113920.jpg

15029745952321818461010.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Welcome to TFF!

This is a trace fossil of a burrow.

In the future please include a location and size with Your requests, it helps to make id's.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

23 minutes ago, ynot said:

Welcome to TFF!

This is a trace fossil of a burrow.

In the future please include a location and size with Your requests, it helps to make id's.

Ok thank you @ynot the size is 14cm and the location is south of morocco 85km close to agadir sea side, so what do you mean with a trace fossile of a burrow? can you give an exemple photo or something please.?

Many animals will dig a hole to eat or live in. The hole will fill in with sediment and then be "fossilized" The lithified fill will often be harder than the surrounding rock and be left as a cast after the surrounding rock weathers away.

Google "burrow cast" and You should get lots of examples.

1 hour ago, ynot said:

Many animals will dig a hole to eat or live in. The hole will fill in with sediment and then be "fossilized" The lithified fill will often be harder than the surrounding rock and be left as a cast after the surrounding rock weathers away.

Google "burrow cast" and You should get lots of examples.

Thank you so much i will do a search thanks again have a good day 

3 minutes ago, SalomonAssissel said:

Thank you so much i will do a search thanks again have a good day 

You are welcome!

Good luck on the hunt!

Tony

I agree with burrow. Good to see a Moroccan on the forum, normally it's just Moroccan fossils. Welcome to the forum @SalomonAssissel!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

3 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

I agree with burrow. Good to see a Moroccan on the forum, normally it's just Moroccan fossils. Welcome to the forum @SalomonAssissel!

Thank you so much @WhodamanHD its a pleasure to be here, where you living ?

Just now, SalomonAssissel said:

Thank you so much @WhodamanHD its a pleasure to be here, where you living ?

Maryland, USA.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

6 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Maryland, USA.

Hope to meet you someday here or there so my brother is living in chicago and maybe I'll go visit him soon so i will let you know when im coming there and you more than welcome if you want come to.morocco i will be here to show you all places you like to visit.

King regards 

9 minutes ago, SalomonAssissel said:

Hope to meet you someday here or there so my brother is living in chicago and maybe I'll go visit him soon so i will let you know when im coming there and you more than welcome if you want come to.morocco i will be here to show you all places you like to visit.

King regards 

If you ever want to know of some places in Maryland let me know! If I visit Morocco I'll surely send a PM your way.

Happy Fossil Hunting,

WhodamanHD

Happy hunting,

Mason