Bone or concretion

Roberta NJ CA

Thank you to everyone who responded t my "sea Lion" id.    I'm attaching pictures of large piece that was found  in the same crate of what I thought was a sea lion - the brown coloring is the same... I  have several other pieces but just sending the larger ones as to not take up your time.   Thank you I am sending more pictures from different angles

IMG_0109.JPG

From this picture I can see what looks to be a vertabra? Looks like many more bones as well. I wasn't here for the other thread, what is the age? I've heard of Miocene from California, maybe cetaceans?

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

IMG_0119.thumb.JPG.1a39311d168368050f121ebb6dd305b1.JPGIMG_0113.thumb.JPG.5b7c4e9584a08e8445792d5869622d08.JPGhi thanks for your response.  My father collected fossils he and his friend  owned the property which they were found.  They were found In a ravine that had caved in.  I sent pics yesterday as I  recall him saying it was sea lion pinniped.   Ill attach more pica

attempting to upload

Looks like you got some brain case on the top picture, may be pinniped, I'm not really qualified to say so or not.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Looks like a mess, but that doesnt mean anything.  What about doing some prep on it to expose more? 

RB

• I found this Informative 1

Or getting a professional to do so, looks like there may be many bones and it could be rather time consuming.

Happy hunting,

Mason

IMG_0082.thumb.JPG.696e1669e56e85d00bb854c5c5b8aecd.JPGIMG_0082.thumb.JPG.696e1669e56e85d00bb854c5c5b8aecd.JPGIMG_0089.thumb.JPG.eb8a06f0cfd6404b00bf1d7edcf74433.JPGsent yesterday in seal lion? post.  trying to upload - slow!  I  have several others I can send if interested - right now attempting to send

very slow to upload... here's a side view.   Yes, I totally agree that I need a professional to handle this.  I am amateur and my father left a plethora of rocks and fossils to me.   Cant  find the logbook - I went there twice with them when I was around 10 but they collected many times.  Ill take up close pictures later.  Thanks again

IMG_0103.JPG

To summarize, if they look like something with multiple possible IDs, then they might be geological in origin. I would go with lichefaction process (and related to this), in a context of a seismically active region. Look here  for more information.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

You are correct. :)
What was in the corrector de ortografia... I don't know, but are you agree with the hypothesis?

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library