hauyn888

Fossilienfundstellen am Wasser......ich habe meine eigene Fundstelle.......direkt vor der Haustür. Mein Sohn ist jetzt 4 Jahre alt, seit er laufen kann, werfen wir mit viel Spaß Steine in den großen Fluß, den deutschen Fluß - ´Der Rhein`. Alles was er greifen kann fliegt ins Wasser,  manchmal muß ich rufen: Stop! Das ist ein Papa- Stein! Farblose durchscheinende Quarze, selten Achat und das halbe Alphabet habe ich schon so vor den Wasserfluten retten können und so manches Fossil. Der Rhein zerteilt ein mächtiges devonisches Schichtpaket in 2 Mittelgebirge, den Hunsrück und auf der anderen Seite den Westerwald und Taunus. In seinen Flußschottern transportiert er die erodierten fossil- führenden Schichten und lagert sie ....vor meiner Haustüre ab. So kann mein Junge schon von klein an die Wunder der Stein- Welt erleben und begreifen.

In meiner Fossiliensammlungen hat der Junge natürlich auch seine Vitrinenplätze und sammelt da fleißig...

hier sind ein paar Steine vom gestrigen Steine-Werfen: Rhein- Stein.

Fossil sites at the water ...... I have my own reference ....... directly in front of the front door. My son is now 4 years old, since he can run, we throw stones with a lot of fun into the big river, the German river - 'the Rhine'. All he can take is flying into the water, sometimes I have to call: Stop! This is a Papa stone! Colorless translucent quartz, rarely agate and half the alphabet, I have already been able to save myself from the floods and many fossils. The Rhine divides a mighty Devonian stratagem in the middle range, the Hunsrück and on the other the Westerwald and Taunus. In his river gravel he transports the eroded fossil-bearing beds and stores them at my doorstep. This is how my boy can experience and understand the wonders of the stone world from a very early age.
In my fossil collections, the boy naturally also has his showcases and collects diligently ...
Here are a few stones from yesterday's stones throwing: Rheinstein.

What about you? How did you start with fossil - hunting?

Rhein-Stein (1).jpg

Rhein-Stein (2).jpg

Rhein-Stein (3).jpg

Rhein-Stein (4).jpg

My German is limited to " Shönes wetter huete" right now so I used google translate for the bottom half. First off, nice little fossils and crystals there. To answer your question: I had a passion for science and later fossils from a very young age, but actual fossil collecting was first instilled in me when I went on a fossil hunt with a teacher and a group of kids in eight grade, the teacher was (and is) very experienced in fossil hunting in the area, and had gone on collecting trips with my mother and uncles and aunts when they were in school (and he's still there! Albeit a substitute now). I was amazed at the ease in which you could collect fossils in the formation, and I learned it was the same in many places! The rest is history...

Mein Deutsch ist auf "Shönes wetter huete" gerade jetzt beschränkt, also habe ich google übersetzen für die untere Hälfte. Erstens, schöne kleine Fossilien und Kristalle dort. Um deine Frage zu beantworten: Ich hatte eine Leidenschaft für die Wissenschaft und spätere Fossilien von einem sehr jungen Alter, aber das eigentliche Fossil-Sammeln wurde zuerst in mir eingeflößt, als ich auf eine Fossilienjagd mit einem Lehrer und einer Gruppe von Kindern in acht Klasse ging, der Lehrer War (und ist) sehr erfahren in der fossilen Jagd in der Gegend, und war auf sammeln Reisen mit meiner Mutter und Onkel und Tanten, wenn sie in der Schule waren (und er ist immer noch da! Albeit ein Ersatz jetzt). Ich war erstaunt über die Leichtigkeit, in der man Fossilien in der Formation sammeln konnte, und ich habe gelernt, dass es an vielen Orten das gleiche war! Der Rest ist Geschichte...

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Nice post, great to see that your son is already a fan of the fascinating universe of paleontology! :)

My passion started like this: when I was about three years old, I was in the car with my parents, on the way to our holiday house in southern France. As I was screaming of boredom, my parents stopped at a gas station and bought me a magazine about dinosaurs, and the little 'surprise gift' with it was a pack of small toy dinosaurs. For some reason, I immediately got hooked, and my passion for dinosaurs was born. After that, all my drawings were of dinosaurs (with gigantic jaws and tiny legs :P) eating each other. Seeing that I was so obsessed with those critters, my parents bought me more dino books and toys, and soon my room looked like a real Jurassic Park. My parents were amazed how at the age of 6 I could already pronounce names like Diplodocus, Brachiosaurus or Triceratops (which they called 'rhino-dino'). 

My passion for fossils began when I was 8, when my parents decided to take me on a trip to the classical Dorset coast in England. We spent a few days in Lyme Regis, hunting for fossils on the beach with local paleontologist Paddy Howe. Though our finds consisted of mostly ammonite imprints (I did find a cool partial lobster though), it was enough to make it the best days of my life. And such my passion was born. Whenever we would go on holidays, my parents would try and find a place where to find fossils so that we could stop there for a day. Last year, I discovered the Zandmotor, the closest fossil location to my home, and I also discovered TFF. Thanks to those two things, my knowledge, and consequently my passion, of paleontology grew exponentially. Being so passionate about paleontology, I also started to be interested in other related topics, like mineralogy, conchology, and nature in general.  

And that's about it so far :)

Best regards,

Max

• I found this Informative 1

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils