8/19/17 Douglas Point

Miocene_Mason

Went on a hunt to add to my collection, as well as to gather trading material. Hunted about 2 hours and found more shark teeth than my attention span will allow me to count (I stoped counting at 40) only a few otodus and cretolamnas, one possible well worn croc, some bone pieces, and a ton of turritella internal molds. Only took one piece of lignite, lots in the banks (of course off limits). Tons of Ray teeth as always. No Paleocarcharodon or huge otoduses, but all in all a good trip. Here's the total haul:

IMG_2861.JPG

IMG_2862.JPG

IMG_2865.JPG

IMG_2866.JPG

IMG_2873.JPG

IMG_2879.JPG

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Possible croc tooth, possible coprolite (could just be iron) and two toothy things.

IMG_2867.JPG

IMG_2868.JPG

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

3 minutes ago, ynot said:

Nice haul there.

Glad You had a good time.

Thank you!

Happy hunting,

Mason

Nice haul, the picture is dark but it looks like a croc tooth.

If you want some complete turritella internal molds, park at Purse State Park (about 1.5 miles down Riverside Road on the left side), walk to the river (1/4 mile path) and head down river (left). After the point that you can see you will come to a cliff area that is completely filled with them...and yes, the teeth are there as well.

Rob :D

Great haul! Would love to see better pictures of the haul...

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Archived