professional fossil prep

Roberta NJ CA

Hi - thank you to all that have helped  me to acquire so much information on my fossils/concretions.  How would I go about hiring a professional to prep some of my larger bone fossils?  I assume it would be very expensive and would like to know if it's worth the time and money.   I posted several photos in the ID section under the title "Bone or Concretion" and "is this a sea lion".   If needed I can resend to this post.  Thank you for your continued help and knowledge... very much appreciated!

27 minutes ago, Roberta NJ CA said:

thank you ynot - I feel so out of my league here and appreciate your reliable feedback!   

Your welcome!

Good luck with getting Your pieces prepped.

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

@ynot, thanks for looping me in. :D

@Roberta NJ CA send me a PM with some pics of pieces you're looking for prep in and we can work out the details and determine if the cost is advantageous.

8 minutes ago, Roberta NJ CA said:

I don't get it?  sarcasm?

Don't worry. Ron's our resident prankster and also a heckuva preparator by the way.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

33 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

Don't worry. Ron's our resident prankster and also a heckuva preparator by the way.

He's the master of crab preparation hands down. Plus, he's like a piece of candy. Hard and crusty on the outside but soft and gooey on the inside.

14 hours ago, Roberta NJ CA said:

not sure how to send a PM,

When You hover the curser icon on a members name or avatar there will be a drop down menu. At the bottom is a button to "message". Clock there and it will give You a page to send a PM (personal message). It is like an email, but is within the Fossil Forums realm only.

On the last piece, all of Your pictures are of the same side. Can You post pictures of the other sides and back?

I agree with a concretion, but other views may change that opinion.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.