What do YOU think?

fossiling

Ooh, look at this Keichousaurus, perfect legs, beautiful skull, straight tail... THIS IS MINE! Muhaha...:muahaha:

image.thumb.jpg.89080079c9ea0913261b8eafb39f3505.jpg

PS. Just kidding..... This is so fake, it's funny!:hearty-laugh:

Keep looking! They're everywhere!

Look at the perfect alignment of the hands, legs, ribs and tail, and look at the skull, it looks comical.

Keep looking! They're everywhere!

Theres ought to be some "perfect" ones in existence. My point is, perfection is no indicator of a fake. :) 

Unless you find an exact replica of the exact specimen, then I think its real. I of course could be wrong.

I agree with the fossiling! This Keichousaurus is completely fake! Please, you can throw it in the trash here in front of my house that I do not care!!! If you accept I'll give you my address! :fingerscrossed:

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

Actually, it looks pretty good, to me. 

Honestly, it's quite hard to tell from the quality of these photos. I don't think you could actually make a determination one way or the other with these pictures.

I would be hesitant about buying these in general, as there are many "restored" and badly prepped examples out there. 

@fossiling

I would also be cautious about declaring things fake without actually seeing the item in hand, or at least in Hi-res pictures. :unsure: 

But, morphologically, this looks correct to me.  :headscratch:

Regards,

s-l500or.jpg

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

I agree with the 'Dude: there are no red flags visible in the images presented, and the position of the extremities and manner of prep are consistent with genuine specimens.

Better images are needed.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

It looks pretty alright to me, generally on fakes the skull seems a bit off, but this skull seems fine. A few bones are probably painted. But that's fairly common among keichousaurus fossils.

Picture is too small to say for definite, but there's no reason to think it's a fake. Many of these particular fossils are almost perfectly preserved.

It is easier these days to obtain a real Keich, it is known.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Archived