Ammonite hunt ID please

SalomonAssissel

28 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

Where is it from? What is the stratigraphy?

Southern Morocco according to the tags, looks similar to Acanthoceras, you got two on one rock there, and they are big! Nice find. What became of the other big one?

Oh, and should be kem kem beds right?

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

1 hour ago, WhodamanHD said:

Southern Morocco according to the tags, looks similar to Acanthoceras, you got two on one rock there, and they are big! Nice find. What became of the other big one?

1 hour ago, Ludwigia said:

Where is it from? What is the stratigraphy?

From this yellow strata yes it size 31 cm kind of big but i know nothing about the name and age and price how much it costs... and maybe is kem kem beds

IMG_20170823_151418.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acanthoceras_(ammonite)

this has age and name, don't know which species. We are not allowed to do appraisals on the forum, but they are pretty big. Maybe someone like @LordTrilobite can tell the stratigraphy.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

1 hour ago, WhodamanHD said:

I guess is a Aegastoceras sagittarium because is not that fat like  Acanthoceras

1503498797777-2044895172.jpg

3 minutes ago, SalomonAssissel said:

I guess is a Aegastoceras sagittarium

Don't think so, that's a jurrasic species, this looks like Cretaceous sediments.

Happy hunting,

Mason

2 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

this looks like Cretaceous sediments.

How did You determine this? All I can tell is it is a sandstone and limestone mixture.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

3 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Don't think so, that's a jurrasic species, this looks like Cretaceous sediments.

Ok i hope he can help us to know more about it. 

I hunted this one too this morning and i dont know what kind is it 

20170823_154112.jpg

17 minutes ago, ynot said:

How did You determine this? All I can tell is it is a sandstone and limestone mixture.

Well it doesn't really look like it, (although it does match the color and description of the Aoufous formation) it's just that I don't believe there are many Triassic rocks in morroco. Here's a map of the southern part (Western Sahara). I may be wrong, so I will defer to those who know more than myself.

IMG_2917.JPG

Happy hunting,

Mason

@WhodamanHDmy location is near to agadir near to tamri im not at moroccan sahara thanks for the map bro is very interestin!! so what my ammonites are ? Lol 

And im not a geologist im just a biginner in hunting fossils and im here to learn from you guys thanks for your helps all men 

King regards

Salomon

p

28 minutes ago, SalomonAssissel said:

@WhodamanHDmy location is near to agadir near to tamri im not at moroccan sahara thanks for the map bro is very interestin!! so what my ammonites are ? Lol 

And im not a geologist im just a biginner in hunting fossils and im here to learn from you guys thanks for your helps all men 

King regards

Salomon

Don't know what that is, I would guess a bivalve of some sort. Here's a map from your area, it says Mesozoic which isn't very helpful, maybe another member can produce a better one. I'm just happy to be able to help! I'm a beginner as well. I still think the Ammo is acanthroceras sp. although it may have been compressed. I hope others can confirm, Good Luck fossil hunting!

Happy hunting,

Mason

15 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

p

Don't know what that is, I would guess a bivalve of some sort. Here's a map from your area, it says Mesozoic which isn't very helpful, maybe another member can produce a better one. I'm just happy to be able to help! I'm a beginner as well. I still think the Ammo is acanthroceras sp. although it may have been compressed. I hope others can confirm, Good Luck fossil hunting!

You so kind @WhodamanHD thank you so much im waiting  someone to confirm i have other pieces but i guess are the same kind 

Geological map of the western High Atlas (inverted Agadir continental margin basin), the southern part of the Essaouira Basin and the northern part of the Souss Basin...

Geological-map-of-the-western-High-Atlas.png.ca8cdee528e2aae6e75a21e2b75fdd61.png

...from Quantitative Meso-/Cenozoic development of the eastern Central Atlantic continental shelf, western High Atlas, Morocco

"I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in. Of what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?"  ~Aldo Leopold (1887-1948) 

New Mexico Museum of Natural History Bulletins    

point.thumb.jpg.e8c20b9cd1882c9813380ade830e1f32.jpg research.jpg.932a4c776c9696d3cf6133084c2d9a84.jpg  RPV.jpg.d17a6f3deca931bfdce34e2a5f29511d.jpg  SJB.jpg.f032e0b315b0e335acf103408a762803.jpg  butterfly.jpg.71c7cc456dfbbae76f15995f00b221ff.jpg  Htoad.jpg.3d40423ae4f226cfcc7e0aba3b331565.jpg  library.jpg.56c23fbd183a19af79384c4b8c431757.jpg  OIP.jpg.163d5efffd320f70f956e9a53f9cd7db.jpg