A Jurassic Hunt yesterday

nala

18 minutes ago, nala said:

IMG_3342.JPG

As always, Gery, you're making me regret that I live in Canada and not in France!!!  I do have my EU passport, though, so perhaps I should consider moving there... :P

The bivalve imprint above looks a lot like the Ambonychia radiata imprints that I find around here (Georgian Bay Formation, Upper Ordovician) - do you know the identity of the one that you found?

Monica

IMG_3356.JPG.439b8a84c7ee15127be4885e3d303f7c.JPG

Is this fossilized? If so it is incredible? Nice finds all around. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the comments,yes aerogrover,this is real Jurassic wood,you can find also small peaces like these ,i will look for the pelecypod ID Monica

IMG_5804.JPG

IMG_3348.JPG

More than 1 meter on every ways,this rock was very big and hard,i only took few pieces with a lot of difficulties

IMG_5755.JPG

IMG_5761.JPG

IMG_5766.JPG

IMG_5774.JPG

Wow, the place is gorgeous as well as the fossils!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Great pictures and finds :wub:

Thanks for sharing !

Many greetings from Germany ! Have a great time with many fossils :)

Regards Sebastian

Belo.gif

Thanks belemniten,I received few info about the big rocks full of Corals,this block could come from the Ferques area and would be Devonian ,trucks brigs these rocks to stops the waves the good ID would be Hexagonaria hexagona et Thamnopora boloniensis, Frasnien, Ferques, France.

That is a really interesting and beautiful spot.  You just cleared up my confusion about the corals, as they definitely looked Devonian and not Jurassic to me.  No ammonites apart from the fragment of an impression?  

Don