can someone id this trilobite cephalon from maquoketa

dalmayshun

I was recently looking at the hashplates I collect a year ago near Green Bay, WI from the maquoketa formation. It is upper ordovician. As I was enjoying the look through my loop, I spotted a pinhead size dark rounded section under the blue ash layer...( that layer comes from the volcanoes in the Appalachian region). I use my 10x loop, and a pin and started scratching away the hardened material, discovering little by little a cute little trilobite.  As I was moving around it, I found another cephalon, sort of "bumping into it" but I haven't worked on that one too much. But since it is a cephalon only (thus far) , I am wondering if someone can ID it for me. 

I have attached a view of the hash plate, an out of focus view of the trilobites with a measure, and an in focus view taken after I attached my loop with rubber bands to my cell phone. Thanks for the help. 

20170824_105153-picsay.jpg

20170824_105832-picsay.jpg

20170824_105312-picsay.jpg

Edited by dalmayshun
correct spelling

Slocom figures Isotelus iowensis,Bumastus beckeri,Megalaspis beckeri,Thaleops ovata,Nileus vigilans,Sphaerocoryphe macquoketensis,Amphilichas rhinoceros,A.clermontensis

Cybelodus iowensis,Encrinurus pernodosus,Calymene Fayattensis,Pterygometopus larrabeei,P fredricki,Calymene gracilis

Needless to say Scott will have a say in this .

The taxonomy might be totally outdated 

• I found this Informative 1

Look like Calymenes to me. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Since it is from the Ordovician, Flexicalymene is more likely than Calymene.  I'm pretty confident the fossil on top is a Flexicalymene, and the one slightly underneath it is something different, perhaps a Gravicalymene due the the more bell-shaped glabella.

Don

• I found this Informative 1

maquok

I might have posted this a while back.

The total thesis,that is

Still a useful compendium.Not to worry i always check for revisions  

craoo.jpg

Thanks everyone, as always I appreciate the help, and references and always learn something.