Possible Rusophycus

Nimravis

After reviewing @aek post "Mystery Fossil of the Upper Cambrian" I saw a response by @doushantuo in regards to a rusophycus and it reminded me of a recent plate that I picked up while collecting at St. Leon, Indiana. The reason I picked it up was that it did remind me of a trilobite resting track that I had seen in the past, but thought it might be too large for trilobites found there. Any ideas or info would be appreciated.

IMG_6127.thumb.PNG.1b47141a70c9b3ba401d89eb533416f4.PNGIMG_6126.thumb.PNG.2696af5ae25642f277efe458e62c5342.PNG

Although I do see a bilobed trace of some sort, without any fine surface details such as leg scratch marks it will be hard to be certain!  It does compare favorably however with this specimen of Rusophycus we found on Plateau point inside the Grand Canyon:

P0000561-400.jpg.72168bafe674e8d8205f3c1a4403bc83.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arizona Chris

Paleo Web Site:  http://schursastrophotography.com/fossiladventures.html

14 minutes ago, Arizona Chris said:

Although I do see a bilobed trace of some sort, without any fine surface details such as leg scratch marks it will be hard to be certain!  It does compare favorably however with this specimen of Rusophycus we found on Plateau point inside the Grand Canyon:

P0000561-400.jpg.72168bafe674e8d8205f3c1a4403bc83.jpg

Ah, Plateau Point- been there numerous times on my various backpacking trips in the GC. And thanks for the info.

If you hike out to the end of Plateau Point, and back a bit, there is another faint trail heading off to the west.  This is a pipe line trail.  All along it are giant slabs of trace fossils in the Tapeats, and plenty of Rusophycus and Cruziana to see!  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arizona Chris

Paleo Web Site:  http://schursastrophotography.com/fossiladventures.html

This might be in Fruitbat's library,haven't checked yet

Could post it ,though,if anyone is interested

favohh56ghb.jpg

Archived