I_gotta_rock

I made a gallery of this weekend's collecting adventure. Enjoy! 

I refuse to give up my childish wonder at the world.

Nice finds and pictures. 

Looks like you have some spiriferid brachiopods there. 

Congratulations on a decent haul from there. 

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Nice finds! I was debating whether the place was worth it or not (I visit lake Wallenpaupack every now and then so it's not an incredible drive) so seeing these things pushes me to say that it is.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Found some nice pieces the first time out last summer, too.  I'm wondering if there is any more to the tributes here. Looks like maybe, given the gap between the fossils and matrix. But, I have not the tools, the skill, or the tolerance for shrill noises like those of the air scribe.

IMG_0331a.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

I refuse to give up my childish wonder at the world.

Really nice finds - well done!

Monica

PS - I especially like the crinoid plate - it's too bad that it's not possible to remove it :(  But I must say that the little trilobite fragments more than make up for it! :)

Archived