Dinosaur footprint?

Aurelius

Saw this on a well known auction site, described as a dinosaur footprint from Scotland. Is it such a thing? I can't see anything that looks remotely like a footprint, I'd have dismissed it as geological, but this isn't my area of interest. Any thoughts?

s-l1600 (51).jpg

I don't think its a footprint, though I'm not sure what it is (maybe worn chambers of a shelled creature? Or geological?).

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Footprint? And still a Dinosaur footprint :blink:? I do not advise buying. In my opinion this looks much more like a simple block of sandstone outworn by natural erosion.

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

17 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

Oh, I was never going to buy it. It was priced - believe it or not - at £3500, or about $4500 US. 

:blink: For this price, does this sandstone contain gold nuggets?

:hearty-laugh:

04.PNG

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

Even if this was 1/10 of its price, I'd still avoid it.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Seems a bit natural than footprints. I would not recommend touch that cart button on that list unless it turns out to be solid gold painted brown :fingerscrossed:

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png